SEO & Content Specialist
As an SEO & Content Specialist on the Growth team, you’ll enhance our search and content marketing efforts through technical optimizations and content strategy. You’ll build our authority in Google and other search engines by partnering with content marketers and engineers to establish best practices, create new content assets and optimize existing pages according to best practices.
You’re a great fit for this role if:
* You’re a data junkie: You know your way around an Excel spreadsheet and take advantage of SEO tools like OSE, Majestic, SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and many more on a daily basis. (You probably have an absurd amount of browser add-ons too.)
* You’re a natural problem solver: You’re not afraid to take on high-competition keywords because you’ve got what it takes to rank well for just about anything. (And you’ve got a winning track record to prove it.) You’re always on top of the latest search trends and willing to tackle a SEO challenge in any industry.
* You work well with other marketers: You can “speak the language” of designers, developers and content marketers to get SEO results. But you also enjoy teaming up with an eclectic group of marketers and value the relationships you have at work.
* Develop and manage site standards for SEO best practices and maintain site SEO hygiene including duplicate content, broken links, and other potential issues
* Serve as an evangelist for SEO within the company by helping educate marketers, writers, engineers, and product managers on the importance of SEO and implementing SEO best practices into the development process.
* Monitor and optimize organic search traffic through ongoing site and technical audits & keyword research
* Collaborate with editorial and content marketing to conduct keyword research and develop comprehensive plans for targeting key terms
* Identify growth opportunities in site infrastructure, keyword selection, or on-page factors optimization
* Create SEO dashboard including rankings, trends, inbound links & traffic
* Recommend and create high-quality content in collaboration with our content marketing team to drive high quality inbound links
* Help develop landing page strategies, content, and measurement
Bonus points if you can:
* Research various online channels for subjects and trending news stories
* Generate creative link building ideas to develop as content and pitch to journalists/bloggers
* Nurture and develop relationships with writers, reporters and web editors
* Frequent outreach to bloggers and press outlets for the purpose of growing online visibility
* 2+ years of in-house or agency SEO experience preferred
* Knowledge of search engine algorithms and SEO best practices
* Prior experience with basic SEO tools (Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush), WordPress, Google Search Console and Google Analytics preferred
* Data analysis skills a major plus. (eg; Python, SQL, Working with API’s)
* Strong analytical skills, with the ability to drive meaningful action from industry research and internal data
* Working familiarity with most (if not all) of the following: HTML, CSS, JS, Excel, Google Docs, Gmail, and Calendar. Bonus points for experience with PR databases and SEO platforms like SEMRush, BuzzSumo, Pitchbox, BuzzStream, Cision, etc.)
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills that allow you to build bridges with internal teams, portfolio companies, and vendors
* Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
* Close attention to detail, i.e. near perfect grammar and strong editing skills
* Proven ability to generate creative ideas that attract attention on the web
* Competitive salary
* Medical and dental benefits
* Daily lunch stipend and unlimited snacks/drinks
* Startup atmosphere with many benefits of a larger company