Senior Venture Capital Analyst
Loeb.nyc represents a new approach to launching startups that pairs venture capital with the support of experts across a wide range of disciplines. We call it a venture collective. Led by entrepreneurs and highly successful leadership, together we craft a customized program to accelerate a company’s go-to-market strategy. By pairing our own capital with deep operational and marketing infrastructure, Loeb.nyc’s repeatable and dynamic model takes startups to the next level. From consumer goods to enterprise software, our diverse portfolio companies impact their own industries while collaborating with their peers to achieve superior value creation.
Loeb.atl is Loeb.nyc’s Atlanta-based venture studio whose mission is to scale the next generation of startups into dominant market leaders. We fund high-potential companies in the “Seed to Series A” stage and invite them to reside in our Atlanta studio. We are serious entrepreneurs and business builders with a proven platform for scaling consumer and B2B companies.
Loeb.atl is seeking to add an experienced investment analyst to its Corporate Development team in Atlanta. The Senior Investment Analyst will support the organization and its national portfolio of operating companies with respect to financial analysis and modeling, valuation, business case development, deal structuring and documentation, as well as capital raising and exit activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to assess market opportunities, develop business cases for equity investment, lead business planning exercises, and provide ongoing performance monitoring and forecasting insight in a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Investment Analyst will be primarily responsible for evaluating new business opportunities for Loeb.atl. You will interface regularly with the investment and legal teams in New York City and be in charge of aggregating and synthesizing the key financial and operational information required for investment evaluation across multiple sites.
You will perform financial and operational due diligence, prepare professional presentations in PowerPoint, support deal structuring and negotiation, and provide post-close performance monitoring
and documentation to inform executive decision-making. This is a data-driven organization, and this position requires an individual who is comfortable analyzing financial statements as well as operational metrics and can communicate findings and recommendations crisply.
Based in Atlanta, periodic travel to New York City
Directly to Nicholas Hurst (Manager, Corporate Development @ Loeb.nyc); and functionally to the Loeb.atl team
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- Two to four years’ professional experience in consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or corporate development role with increasing responsibility in a transaction-oriented environment
- Experience conducting market research, competitive analysis and evaluating new business opportunities
- Extensive, hands-on experience drafting management presentations, business plans and investor reporting materials
- Ability to effectively ingest extensive amounts of detailed information, interpret financial data and synthesize results for senior decision makers
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and perform with a high degree of autonomy and integrity while coaching and developing others
- Preferably someone with deep analytical and financial modeling experience with detailed knowledge of valuation techniques, financial/operational due diligence, business case preparation and private equity or venture capital investing structures; experience with detailed capitalization table modeling is a plus
- Hands-on style and mastery-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-starter with a passion for entrepreneurship and the start-up ecosystem; bonus points for a relevant network in the Atlanta start-up community
- Above all – a deep intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and include base salary, benefits, bonus and the opportunity for equity participation.