We are looking for a great writer, collaborator, growth mindset human. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects and portfolio companies (including print, web, mobile, social media and video). You’ll be working closely on multiple accounts to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Thorough research and sometimes interviews will be required to understand each client's industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals. The successful copywriter will be a quick learner with a versatile writing style and understand how to work from a creative brief.
Freelance >> to>> Employee
The role will start off as freelance (40 hours a week) with the intention of going to full employee within a couple of months.
(See below for compensation breakdown)
Start date: early/mid January 2019
Objectives of this Role
Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
Research and understand the client's needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings.
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-4 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Direct Response writing experience
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Social media or content marketing experience a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with creative CMS and communication software like Slack a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
Full-Time-Freelance Compensation: $35/hour (40 hour week)
Eventual full-time hire salary: $55K-$65/year
In-office (midtown manhattan). This is not a remote position.
- 17 Days of PTO per annum
- Medical and dental benefits
- Daily lunch paid for by firm and unlimited snacks/drinks
Startup atmosphere with many benefits of a larger company Loeb Enterprises is a startup lab and early-stage private investor aligning the right people with the right ideas to create successful companies. Founded in 2006, Loeb Enterprises is a privately funded investment firm built and led by veteran entrepreneur Michael Loeb. The firm pairs seasoned entrepreneurs with experienced marketing professionals and technologists to launch disruptive and scalable consumer marketing businesses of enduring value.