Senior Financial Analyst
Loeb.nyc represents a new approach to launching startups that pairs venture capital with the support of experts across a wide range of disciplines. We call it a venture collective. Led by entrepreneurs and highly successful leadership, together we craft a customized program to accelerate a company’s go-to-market strategy. By pairing our own capital with deep operational and marketing infrastructure, Loeb.nyc’s repeatable and dynamic model takes startups to the next level. From consumer goods to enterprise software, our diverse portfolio companies impact their own industries while collaborating with their peers to achieve superior value creation.
Loeb.nyc is seeking to add an experienced financial analyst to its Corporate Development team in New York City. The Senior Financial Analyst will support the organization and its national portfolio of operating companies with respect to financial analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong proficiency in accounting, financial modeling and valuation – with the capacity to provide ongoing performance monitoring and forecasting in a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Investment Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting the firm’s investment and reporting activity and management of its portfolio companies. This is an incredibly important role in a rapidly growing, dynamic firm with exposure to all levels of management and its operating companies.
You will manage the portfolio company reporting process: coordinating with outside data collection vendors, tracking portfolio performance, interpreting financial and operational results and translating reports to senior management. You will also prepare financial models and ad hoc analyses related to investment due diligence, ownership scenarios, financial operations and exit opportunities.
This is a data-driven organization, and this position requires an individual who is comfortable analyzing financial statements as well as operational metrics and can communicate findings and recommendations crisply.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field
- Two to four years professional experience in accounting, consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or corporate development role with increasing responsibility in a transaction-oriented environment
- High attention to detail with strong analytical and business writing skills
- Extensive, hands-on experience drafting financial reports, management presentations and investor reporting materials
- Ability to effectively ingest extensive amounts of detailed information, interpret financial data and synthesize results for senior decision makers
- Capacity to interface with investment team and portfolio company CEOs
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and perform with a high degree of autonomy and integrity while coaching and developing others
- Preferably someone with deep analytical and financial modeling experience with detailed knowledge of accounting, valuation techniques, financial/operational due diligence, key reporting metrics; experience with detailed capitalization table modeling is a plus
- Hands-on style and mastery-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Self-starter with a passion for entrepreneurship and the start-up ecosystem
- Above all – a deep intellectual curiosity and appetite for learning and problem solving
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, and include base salary, benefits, bonus and the opportunity for equity participation.