Loeb Enterprises is a New York based business development lab and private investor, focused on cultivating opportunities in emerging media and consumer marketing. Loeb Enterprises, led by entrepreneur and highly successful CEO Michael Loeb, maintains a team of world-class operators, direct marketing executives and technologists that apply themselves to a select number of strategically important businesses each year. These companies vary by stage—from pure start-ups to mature businesses in need of reinvention—but are alike in that they leverage Loeb’s proven blend of business vision and operational skills toward superior value creation.
The analytics team works across a diverse range of businesses to help determine and implement a data-driven strategy. In some cases, this could mean establishing and tracking financial KPIs. In others, it could mean segmenting and optimizing marketing campaigns. In others still, it may involve building data pipelines and integrating data science into products. We are a highly collaborative team that enjoys turning data into insights and ultimately business value.
Business Analysts on our team are a sort of hybrid data analyst / project manager. They understand the strengths and weaknesses of our datasets because they holistically understand the business’ immediate and long-term goals. They work closely with our partners to simultaneously empower decision makers to move more quickly with greater information, and to enable development of a data-driven culture as the business grows. Within the analytics team, they collaborate with our data engineers and data scientists by identifying opportunities to provide highly-leverageable support and ensure that those projects stay in-line with the business’ broader strategy.
- Develop visualizations and dashboards for a broad range of end users
- Present strategic insights and actionable recommendations
- Ensure data and analytics projects meet client objectives
- Define and evaluate KPIs across various campaigns and tests
- Create predictive models to forecast patterns in consumer behavior
- Coordinate with various teams to develop BI systems and minimize complexity
- Use SQL queries to dig deep into data
- Verify accuracy and find outliers
- Organize, maintain, and enhance reporting systems
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized- experience with project management software (ie Trello, Asana, JIRA, etc)
- Data visualization